What is included within the hire?

The VW Camper Vans are supplied with:

  • Onboard information pack.

  • Two burner hob and free gas for cooking, if you run out please replace the bottle and keep the receipt and we will refund you on your return.

  • Sink with onboard water plus combined chopping board/collapsible sink for out door use.

  • Fridge or Vintage cool-box and internal table.

  • Mains Electricity hook-up (solar panels also on Izzy).

  • Cooking equipment with cutlery & amp, crockery for 4 people, 2 wine glasses, kettle, saucepan, frying pan, cleaning materials.

  • Interior lights and torch.

  • Radio/CD player depending on the camper.

  • Playing cards and Bananagrams Word Game.

  • Seats fold down to accommodate double beds.

  • Picnic blanket and back seat throw.

  • UK breakdown cover.

  • Emergency pack including hi-vis tabard & spare bulbs.

  • Fire extinguisher.

  • First aid kit.


What essentials should I bring?

Sleeping bag / quilt, pillows, towels and toiletries are the only essentials needed to bring along for your adventure. Pack light as space is limited. Please also bring your own child car seat as we cannot supply these.

Can we leave our car with you and can we camp at Blakes Farm?

You are welcome to leave your car at our premises. This service is complementary but entirely at your own risk. We offer camping at an additional cost of £15.00 per night, toilet and running water is provided.

Can we bring our dog?

We accept well behaved pets in our campers (max 2) Where pets are accepted there will be an additional valeting charge of £35.

Are my personal belongings covered?

No. We recommend that you have your own travel insurance to cover your personal belongings.

What is a VW Camper Van like to drive/is it easy?

This largely depends on you and your driving experience and confidence. Please don’t forget, these vans are well over 40 years old now, so don’t expect power-steering or servo-assisted brakes! If you’ve never driven a classic Volkswagen, be prepared for it to be a VERY different experience than you’ve had before but that’s part of the fun. Once you’ve mastered it, however, you should find, that it’s very hard to wipe that cheesy grin off your face for mile after mile as you enjoy a truly unique driving experience. Life is in the “slower lane” due to the engine being air-cooled we advise that the maximum speed is 55 mph. If this speed is exceeded the engine may overheat so treat the campers with some TLC and enjoy.

Will I receive instructions on how to use the VW Camper Van?

Yes, you should allow approximately 30-45 mins for the check in process, including a run through of the facilities and operating instructions for the camper van.

Is there a limit to where we can travel?

We estimate that 80 miles per day is a comfortable distance to travel in these lovely vintage vehicles; hence we recommend that you stay within the counties of West/East Sussex/Surrey, Hampshire and Kent. 25p per additional mile is taken off your deposit if excess milage is used.

Is fuel included?

The VW Camper van takes unleaded fuel. Upon collection, the VW Camper Van will have a full tank of fuel so we request that on return the petrol gauge shows same!

Will we need to book the campsites in advance?

During the high season and school holidays it is always advisable to book your chosen campsites in advance so you can ensure a guaranteed site.

Who can use the upper bunks (Izzy only)

The upper bunks are designed for children, up to 130cms tall and weighing no more than 40/43 kg). We therefore recommend our retro driveaway pod which has a sleeping compartment for 2 more. It’s a great addition for space and will save you time packing/unpacking when you go on your exploration day trips.

What are the insurance required?

You should be between 23 and 70. You should have no more than 6 points on your licence. If you are just outside these specs, please contact us, as we can possibly do something but will have to contact the insurer prior and it is likely there will be an additional excess/deposit required. Unfortunately, our insurance is also not valid for: a) Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/ or have had their licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. Spent convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded. b) Persons who had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer c) Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons. d)Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort. e) Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age. f) Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.) Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid United Kingdom or EU licence for two years or more.


What happens if there’s an accident?

If something does happen (no matter how small or trivial it may seem) you will need to notify us by telephone immediately. Every situation is different and we will need to treat it on a case by case basis, but if we need to take the van for repair, this could mean the end of your hire period. Please check our detailed terms and conditions for more information. If the accident is deemed your fault, then you will lose some or all of your damage deposit.


What happens if the Camper Van breaks down?

In the unlikely event of a breakdown, each VW Camper Van is covered with 24hr emergency breakdown service, full details of which are in the onboard information pack . See our T&C’s

Any additional information can be found within our T&C’s. (Click to see T&C's)

We have tried to cover most questions however please feel free to email or call us and we will be more than happy to help you.

Thanks for submitting!